Harmonicas For Health
If you are an individual with COPD or another chronic lung disease, the COPD Foundation/COPD360music Harmonicas For Health program can help you:
- Learn how to have better control of your breathing
- Exercise the muscles that help pull air in and push air out of the lungs
- Strengthen abdominal muscles for a more effective cough
- Boost self-confidence, relieve stress
- Socialize with others and have fun
- Reported benefits include: decreased shortness of breath, increased sputum mobilization and increased quality of life.
You do not have to be an expert player or have any musical experience to benefit from playing the harmonica. You can take a harmonica anywhere. It’s lightweight and easy to carry. Making music with a harmonica can help you feel better overall, and it is a lot of fun!
Learn more at the COPD foundation website.